Your life can be turned upside down when your heating, air conditioning, or the ventilation system go haywire. Most people turn to the professional HVAC in Wilmington DE. But did you know that you can troubleshoot your problems and handle some of them yourself? It is a wise choice to call the experts in HVAC repair, but by troubleshooting your problems, you are prepared to expect the inevitable. Here are some of the problems you can troubleshoot before you call Delaware HVAC contractors.
Troubleshooting Air Conditioning, Heating, and Ventilation
There are several problems that you may face when the HVAC isn’t working as it should. Here are some of the most common issues that you can try to resolve.
- The AC won’t turn on. This is a fear that lingers in the minds of many, especially during summer. A lack of power, blown fuse, or tripped circuit breaker are some of the reasons why your AC might not turn on.
- Irregularities in heating and cooling as a direct result of clogged filters. This issue may arise in all seasons, which may lead to irregularities in the temperature. All you need to do is check the filters and replace them if necessary.
- Glitches in the thermostat. Thermostats are more often subject to calibration and the newer ones are not always easy to program. Make sure you have programmed it properly.
- A low refrigerant level of the AC is a common problem that is caused by improper installation or a leak. If you have an underperforming air conditioning unit, it can be a result of low refrigerant, which is the lifeblood of your air conditioning unit.
- A problem with the condenser coil, which is responsible for discharging the heat removed from the air outside the building. The condenser coil could be exposed to dirt, assorted pollutants, and soot that could interfere with the transfer of heat and subject the unit to wear and tear by overworking.
- Leaking or dirty ducts could be causing warmer rooms instead of cool and pleasant rooms. Look out for tears in the duct and call an expert.
- A clogged drain line could cause the water to back up and damage the system. Make sure that the drainage line is clear and the water is funneled into a drain.
- A noisy system could mean that the fan motor is plagued by dirt and debris, which is wearing off the belt and deteriorating the bearings. It is ideal to shut off the unit and call professional HVAC in Wilmington DE.
- Circuit breakers are a common issue as switches and breakers can be accidentally turned off when other appliances are being installed. Locate the circuit breaker and check for issues.
- Don’t forget to check the air conditioner vents, ducts, and grills for blockage that can lead to irregular airflow.
- Could the pipes be frozen from overuse? Try thawing out the system to resolve the issue. This usually takes an hour or two, failing which you can contact certified Delaware HVAC contractors.
Professional HVAC in Wilmington, DE
There are several reasons why your HVAC system may show problems. If you maintain them regularly and learn to troubleshoot simple problems instead of ignoring them, you can not only save a lot of money, but also live in a safe and comfortable environment. Contact Joseph Frederick & Sons today!